The blogger’s platform offers free hosting to all users using it. You can point to as many custom domains as you can on the platform. To do this, follow the procedures below. It works for all domain name registrars whether it’s Namecheap, Hostinger, GoDaddy, Hostgator, etc.
How To Add Custom Domain to Blogger
1. Login to your blogger.com
2. Go to settings
3. Scroll down to the publishing section and click on custom domain and type the name of the domain in the box. Make sure you add ”www.” (for example www.ideapify.com not ideapify.com) before you click save.
4. Login to the registrar you bought the domain. I used NameCheap For this tutorial.
5. Click on manage for the domain you want to point to blogger.
6. Click on Advance DNS and scroll down and click on ADD NEW RECORD.
7. Here you will need to create 6 records for your domain:
– A Records for @ pointing to
– CNAME for www mapped to ghs.google.com
– CNAME with values provided in the Blogger account
8. Once all details are inserted, save them using the Save changes icon. It can take approximately 30 minutes for newly created host records to take effect.
9. Finally go back to your blogger account and click save. Also, activate ‘Redirect domain’.