Earnings at risk – You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue. These messages usually appear a few minutes after a site gets Google AdSense approval or when it is removed from the site. In this article, I will show you how to get it fix this problem on your site whether you use WordPress or Blogger platform.
Ads.txt Authorized Digital Sellers is a technology introduced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) to increase the transparency of algorithmic sales. In files, ads.txt publishers can specify who is allowed to sell their inventory. These files are publicly available. They can be scanned by buyers, third-party vendors, and exchanges.
Adsense strongly recommends using this file, because it is designed to protect the site from fake inventory, which, according to the mark set by fraudsters, belongs to a specific domain, application or video.
That is, having such a file on your site gives the entire Internet community a signal that your site is a secure advertising platform authorized by Google (or any other advertiser, this can be specified in the file). Accordingly, this way you will increase your advertisers ‘ income, since the latter’s funds will not be spent on the so-called “fake inventory”.
how to upload your ads.txt file to the root directory of your site
how to add ads.txt file in wordpress without plugin via cpanel
How to Add ads.txt File in WordPress Without Plugin via Cpanel
Follow these steps to add ads.txt file in WordPress without plugin via Cpanel
Method 1: Via Google Adsense File format
- On the notification “Earnings at risk – You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue”, click on Fix now.
- You will see a message like this “To prevent severe impact on revenue, download an ads.txt file then upload the file to the root level domain of each site”
- Click on download
- Login to your cPanel, and locate the site which ads.txt is required for.
- Finally, Upload it to the root of your site.
Method 2: Via Google Adsense Text Format
In this method, Adsense didn’t provide ads.txt, they only provide the text you will copy and paste. The text is usually in this form “google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0”
- Copy the text and paste it to word application
- Save it as ads.txt
- Go to your Cpanel and upload it to the root of your site.
Method 3: Via Plugin
- Login to your WordPress site
- Install and activate this Ads.txt Manager plugin
- Go to the ads.txt Settings and configure it.
- Copy and paste the code from your adsense account to the ads.txt google.com, **pub-xxxxx, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
- Save changes
To verify that you published your file correctly, check that you successfully see your file’s content when you access the ads.txt URL (https://example.com/ads.txt) in your web browser. If you can see the file in your web browser, AdSense will successfully find it and the warning message “Earnings at risk…” in Ads will disappear (just wait an hour and a half).
How to Add ads.txt File in Blogger
- Log in to your Blogger.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Scroll down to “Monetization”, activate “Ads.txt then click Edit and save it.
Note: If your blog is only configured to use AdSense using the Blogger-AdSense integration, then you do not need to manually set up ads.txt. Blogger will do this for you.If you enjoyed this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress blogging video tutorials and how to make money online. If you have any questions, please leave us a comment. Also, If you think I missed a step or have any suggestions for us; please let us know. We'd love to hear from you!