Plugins are tools that add functionality to a WordPress site. Knowing the right plugins to use makes WordPress very easy to use. In this article, I will show you the best plugins to use on your WordPress site.
Let’s take a look at a collection of the best Free and paid WordPress blog plugins in terms of SEO, security, and so on.
Best WordPress Plugins (Free and paid)
SEO Plugins for WordPress
RankMaths is one of the best SEO plugins for your WordPress site. RankMaths combines the power of multiple plugins that you can use on your site and combines everything into one easy-to-manage plugin.
You can use Rank Math to manage search engine optimization on your posts, pages, categories, or other taxonomies. You can also manage the noindex / nofollow / noarchive meta tags for all taxonomies in general and individual posts or pages in particular.
It integrates closely with the Google console to display all the necessary information directly in the WordPress admin panel. Information about what keywords you rank for, what errors Google sees on your site, and so on.
In addition, Rank Math comes with built-in 404 error analysis, redirects, extensions for pages and posts, local SEO, XML Sitemaps, SEO for images, recommendations for creating internal links, and so on.
The cost of the RankMaths plugin is free, but there is an extended-paid version.
The pro version costs $ 59 per year. RankMaths is an alternative to the Yoast SEO plugin. The free version contains everything that is available in the paid version of the competitor, and when switching to their plugin, you can parse the Yoast settings in one click. That is why many people are completely satisfied with the free version of the plugin.
Features that make Rank Math the best choice:
- This is a one-stop kit for all your SEO needs.
- Each post/page / product goes through an SEO analysis tool based on 40 factors.
- The user interface is very clean, and the options are clear even for a beginner.
- You can automatically add alt or title tags to images that don’t contain them.
- Rank Math comes with 404 error monitoring to let you know where users are seeing errors.
- It also comes with a redirection module that lets you specify these 404 errors.
- The XML Sitemap module is bundled with Rank Math.
- Breadcrumbs are also part of the plugin, so you don’t need to use other plugins.
- Support for Open Graph and Twitter Card included.
- So much more ( they constantly add more and more features to the plugin)
Rankmaths is the best choice. We use it.
Yoast SEO is an alternative plugin to Rankmaths but it lacks many advanced features in Rankmaths free version.
3, IP2Location Redirection
This is one of the most convenient SEO plugins for WordPress, which allows you to manage redirects and can be used in conjunction with other modules to optimize web resources.
Among the key features are:
- configuring 301 and 302 redirects;
- support for IPv4 and IPv6 protocols;
- ability to configure multiple redirection rules;
- ability to set up a redirect to the desired language version (including Russian), based on the geolocation of individual users.
One of the most popular WordPress plugins (translated into 15 languages, installed more than a million times). It’ll help you:
- Track and prevent 404 errors;
- Improve your site ranking;
- Create any type and number of redirects;
- Redirection is compatible with PHP from 5.4 and upwards.
Not everyone knows that every search engine keeps track of the popularity of a website, including the time that users spend on the site’s pages. To grow in the rating, you need to take care to reduce the total number of bounces (when a user leaves the site within a minute). To do this, create clear calls to action and invite users to go to other pages.
Recommendations are a great option to help users stay on the site longer. The YetAnotherRelatedPostsPlugin plugin, which enables the search algorithm for similar articles, will help you do this.
6. AMP for WP
According to official Google statistics, more than 50% of traffic comes from mobile devices. Given this fact, owners of web resources should do a good job of speeding up mobile pages. To do this, there is a well-known open-source project called AMP. To facilitate integration with this service, you can use a special SEO plugin AMP for WP, which automatically adds functionality to speed up mobile pages on any WordPress site.
7. Smush Image Compression and Optimization
Resize, optimize, optimize and compress all of your images:
- Lossless Compression – Strip unused data without affecting image quality;
- Lazy Loader – Defer offscreen images with the flip of a switch;
- Bulk Smush – Optimize up to 50 images with one click;
- Image Resizing – Set a max width and height and large images will scale down as they are being compressed;
- Incorrect Size Image Detection – Quickly locate images that are slowing down your site;
- Directory Smush – Optimize images even if they are not located in the media library;
- Automated Optimization – Asynchronously auto-smush your attachments for super fast compression on upload;
- Unlimited & Free – Optimize all of your images up to 5MB in size forever (no daily, monthly, or annual caps);
- Gutenberg Block Integration – View all Smush stats directly in image blocks;
- Multisite Compatible – Both global and individual Multisite settings;
- Process All Your Files – Smush will process PNG, JPEG and GIF files for optimum results;
- Super Servers – Smush images with no slowdown using WPMU DEV’s fast, reliable Smush API.
8. Broken Link Checker
As you create more and more content, you will find that it is sometimes difficult to keep track of everything.
This is where a tool like the Broken Link Checker plugin can help.
The name speaks for itself. It is a plugin that checks your content for broken links, broken links, and missing images. If you are lucky, you will never be warned that something is wrong with your site. Of course, don’t expect this to happen.
It’s nice to know that the plugin can monitor your site closely, notifying you of any broken links. This allows you to focus on what you do best, such as creating content, without having to worry about broken links. This is the most important. You don’t want your site to be filled with broken links, as this can negatively affect your ranking and behavioral factors.
Features that make Broken Link Checker a great choice:
- Ability to track links in posts, pages, comments, and even custom fields.
- Detects any link that doesn’t work.
- Ability to make broken links look different in messages.
- Ability to prevent search engines from clicking on broken links.
The broken Link Checker plugin is a powerful easy-to-use SEO tool.
Best WordPress Security Plugins
About 80% of CMS attacks occur on WordPress. Hackers believe that if you gain control of one site, you can gain control of a large number of sites in the same way, which is basically logical. Currently, there are more than 100 million sites running on WordPress.
Hackers use bots that bypass WordPress sites with ready-made hacking algorithms. If you don’t have protection from them, it’s only a matter of time before such a bot comes to your site and hacks it using the list of known vulnerabilities.
And if your site is of interest to a hacker, they will come and try to hack it manually. To protect yourself from manual hacking, you will need more advanced methods of protection.
Site security is an important foundation of any site.
Sucuri Security is a leading WordPress site security company. The service offers a DNS-level firewall, protection against attacks and malicious code injection, and removal of the site from blacklists.
All traffic going to the site goes through their cloud proxy server, where every request to the site is checked. Secure requests pass to the site, and malicious requests are blocked on their server.
Sucuri increases site performance because it reduces the load on your server. Your server doesn’t have to handle malicious requests. As a result, the available resources are used for good traffic.
The paid version protects your site from SQL injection, XSS attacks, RCE, RFU, Trojans, backdoors, and all other known threats. In addition, the paid version of the service optimizes the content of pages and caches them to its own Anycast CDN.
To set up Sucuri, you need to add A-records on your domain and send them to the Sukuri cloud proxy server instead of your site.
If your site is hacked, after all, the service developers will clean the site of infection for free and return it online. If you were looking for the best-paid WordPress site protection, then you’ve found it.
The free version has somewhat limited protection.
Price: Starts at$ 199 / year. All-in-one. Best paid site protection.
10. Wordfence Security
Wordfence is a popular WordPress security plugin with a built-in firewall that monitors the appearance of malicious code on the site, monitors changes in files, SQL injections, and protects the site from DDoS, brute force, and other types of attacks.
Wordfence is a server-and application-level firewall. In other words, some malicious traffic is blocked on the server and some on the site. This is an effective way to deal with attacks on the site, but it is quite resource-intensive in the end.
The plugin has site verification on request and on a schedule, the ability to manually monitor traffic and block suspicious IP addresses directly in the WordPress dashboard.
In the free version, the firewall is updated 30 days after the threat is added to the plugin database. To enable online updates, you need to sign up for a Premium subscription.
My personal opinion is that the plugin is somewhat complicated and confusing, and it will take some time to master.
Price: The Premium version starts at$ 99 / year for a 1-site license. Good discounts on licenses for several sites.
11. BulletProof Security
Another popular security plugin for WordPress, has a site-level firewall, authorization page protection, database backup, site maintenance mode, and many other settings to increase site security.
The plugin has a somewhat complex interface, but it has an Installation Wizard that helps you configure the plugin and includes a firewall.
The free version of the plugin does not have a file scanner for malicious code infection. The paid version adds a function for tracking intruders and malicious files in the folder
Price: Free basic version of the plugin. The Pro version costs$ 69.95 for an unlimited number of sites and lifetime updates.
12. All in One WP Security & Firewall
A large free plugin with many settings has a built-in firewall at the server level, protects site files and the database.
Changes the standard authorization page, hides the WordPress version, change the database prefix, and dozens of other functions. All functions have descriptions.
The plugin is designed to prevent infections rather than treat them, so it’s best to install it on a fresh site. In my opinion, the best free plugin.
The paid version adds a site scanner for malware, checking whether the site is blacklisted by search engines, sending email messages about site events, up-time of the site, cleaning from infections, and removing it from blacklists.
Price: The premium version starts at$ 49.95 / year for a 1-site license.
13. Jetpack Security.
If you’ve been using WordPress for a while, you’ve probably heard of the Jetpack plugin. This is a universal WordPress plugin from the same team as WordPress.
They are constantly adding new features and one of the best-designed plugins in the entire WordPress ecosystem. There are several features of the Jetpack plugin that you should use to keep the bad guys away from WordPress.
The free version has limited features, but it’s a premium plan that costs about $84 per year, which you must sign up for.
These modules are:
- Protection against DOS attacks
- Downtime monitoring
- Jetpack Backups
- Security Scan
A daily automated scan ensures that your WordPress files are clean of any infected code. Apart from the security feature, only the backup feature makes it a worthwhile defender. You should know that Jetpack is part of the best WordPress plugins.
Other Useful Plugins
The cost of the Akismet plugin is free. Akismet protects WordPress sites from spam in comments.
The plugin helps you filter out any blog comments that look like spam. It automatically checks comments using the Akismet Web service. All comments have a history that shows which ones were marked or deleted by the plugin.
14. Advanced Editor Tools (old name TinyMCE Advanced)
The cost of the Advanced Editor Tools plugin is free of charge. The basic version can be downloaded from the WordPress repository.
Advanced Editor Tools is a powerful and user-friendly advanced visual editor that is characterized by stability. You can use it to add additional text formatting buttons to the standard editor, as well as delete unnecessary ones and organize existing ones.
Among its functions are:
- changing the font family;
- changing the font size;
- changing the background and text color;
- creating and editing tables;
- additional features when inserting lists;
- Search and replace function, etc.
15. WP Rocket
The plugin only has a paid version. However, 1 year of support and updates for 1 site only costs $ 49. There is an unlimited package for one year.
WP Rocket makes your site faster, which means that users find and get what they need faster. This increases SEO metrics and increases conversions.
It caches your pages by creating static HTML files. Makes files easier. Makes it so that media files are loaded only when necessary, and most images are displayed from the cache. WP Rocket is one of the best caching plugins for WordPress.
The plugin also provides a special set of options for optimizing the database.
16. Classic Editor
Classic editor helps restore the previous (“classic”) WordPress editor and the “Edit Post” screen
17. Insert Headers and Footers
This helps in adding Adsense code and other ads networks codes like Propeller, etc. It is also used for Google webmaster verification, Facebook verification, and any other form of verifications that requires codes to be added to the header of the site.
Jetpack has a lot of functionalities like site security, share buttons (limited), backup, site stats, and so on.
19. Sassy Social Share
It is one of the best plugins for sharing posts because It contains all the social media buttons. It is very easy to install and set up.
20. UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore
It is one of the best plugins for site backups and restoration. Backups can be done automatically to any storage destination (dropbox, google drive, etc) you wish. So you don’t have to worry about losing files. The best part of this, it’s free to use. The premium version is for transferring or cloning (copying content, themes, plugins) a site.
21. WP Auto Republish
As the name indicates, it helps to republish old posts on your site by resetting the published date to the current date. As a result of this, old posts will be pushed to your front page. This is best for sites with a large of evergreen content.
22. Easy Table Of Content
It is a list of important headings within an article. This plugin helps users to see how you have outlined your content. It is also good for SEO purposes. It can also help readers “jump” to a section in the article. For example, like this article you are reading. Scroll up and see our table of content.
23. FS Poster – WordPress Social Auto Poster & Scheduler
FS Poster is WordPress Social Media Scheduler that helps to increase your online presence and social media signals to search engines by auto-posting content on your WordPress site. This plugin is a premium plugin.
Why you should use FS Poster – WordPress Social Auto Poster & Scheduler
- Save your time You will be able to save your time by sharing your WordPress posts automatically
- Improves site SEO You will be able to increase links to your site from social networks.
- Keep your social media fresh You will be able to keep your social profiles fresh by posting frequently using the Schedule module.
- Increase site visitors More shares will bring more visitors to your site.
- Supports flexibility You can create keyword-based messages for each platform and attach them to the relevant social media posts.
- Measures KPIs Social media scheduler measures the performance of each added network and accounts through scheduled posts.
Supported social networks
You will be able to publish your posts/pages/products to 15 social networks at the same time:
- Facebook ( accounts, pages, groups )
- Twitter ( accounts )
- Instagram ( accounts, stories )
- Linkedin ( accounts, companies )
- Pinterest ( account boards )
- Reddit ( accounts, subreddits )
- Tumblr ( accounts )
- VK.com ( accounts, pages, groups, events )
- OK.ru ( accounts, groups )
- Telegram ( chats, channels, groups )
- Medium ( profiles, publications )
- Google My Business ( locations )
- WordPress based sites
Get FS Poster here.If you enjoyed this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress blogging video tutorials and how to make money online. If you have any questions, please leave us a comment. Also, If you think I missed a step or have any suggestions for us; please let us know. We'd love to hear from you!
Leave a Comment