When getting started to blog, the first question that comes to every beginner’s (your) mind is ‘What niche should I go into’. Their minds are constantly swarming with doubts, they rush from one idea to another. And, as a result, either they don’t start a personal blog at all.
There are a lot of factors to consider before choosing a blog niche.
In this article, I will explain these factors and also the best unique blog ideas that can make money in 2021, you can start blogging on these immediately.
Before you choose a blog niche, you need to consider these:
You have to choose a blog niche that generates high traffic (a big enough market for your topic). Something people naturally usually search for. You can know this by doing market research. Here’s how to do market research.
For example, let’s say, watching football is one of your hobbies and you want to blog on football. Now, you want to see if this niche has a big enough audience.
You can start the search by using Google Trends. Type “football news” to see if this topic has enough audience and if people are searching for it.
This is very important because it shows interest in the topic whether it is rising or declining over time. You need to avoid niches that are declining in interest in order to build a blog that lasts for a long time.
As you can see, football news looks like a great topic to blog about. Over the last 12 months, the interest in this topic has been stable. Though there is a sign of decline, it’s still a great topic to blog about. The decline is a result of break in football activities. At the time of writing this article, UFEA Euro 2020 football (11 Jun 2021 – 11 Jul 2021) just ended. There will definitely be a rise in August when major football leagues like the EPL, La liga, Ligue 1, etc get started
Even with the decline, football news is still a great niche to blog about.
Let’s see what kind of competition you have for your topic. Search for your blog topic on Google.com and see how many search results appear for this query.
It is very obvious that the topic “football news” seems to be too broad to target, and there are too many websites that write about it (competing for it). To avoid this fierce competition, you need to choose a smaller niche.
You can do that by scrolling down the search result you’ll see some of the other related search terms. Pick a search term and test to see how many people search for this specific term every month by using wordtracker or any other keyword research tools.
The term “transfer news Chelsea, Chelsea Fc News, etc” seems to be a great niche for a blog. It receives a good amount of searches per month and it has low competition.
You should make sure that your niche is profitable enough to monetize your blog through ads like Google Adsense, affiliate marketing, etc
4. Interest and passion
This involves picking a topic you enjoy talking about. This could be a hobby, work, experience or something that excites you when you talk about it. It is highly important you choose an area you can create unlimited content about without losing interest. These are reasons you should blog about what you are passionate about:
- You’re less likely to leave your blog in the future.
- You’re less likely to run out of ideas.
- You’re likely to put the time and effort into your blog to make it shine.
- It shows through in your writing, and your readers can feel that. This, in turn, will lead to a larger following.
What if you go the other way round and choose a niche that you think it’s profitable? You are likely going to lose interest in the niche. The conclusion of the whole is whether you are passionate or not with the niche you chose. Love what you do and do what you love.
However, Paul Scrivens (owner of obstacle.co) has a different view on this. I think he did make sense. This is what he said
“You Need to Pick a Niche You’re Passionate About
When you ask yourself why you are starting a blog there are always two reasons:
1. You want to help people do something. This is the feel good Why. This is the Why you get to tell yourself and others to keep your conscience clear.
- You want to make money and not just a little bit of money. You want to make the type of money that the Income Reports people make.
Many people have a hard time making 1 and 2 work together, but let me tell you a little secret:
Once you start making money with something, you can learn to become passionate about it real quick.
Not a single how to make money blogger has started off by saying that they are passionate about teaching others how to make money.
However, it becomes really easy to be passionate about the topic when you are making 5-6 figures from it every single month.
Sometimes following your passion is exactly what is holding you back from making money. Besides, isn’t it easier to help others when you have money in the bank than when you don’t?
I now am running/building up over 15 different blogs. That’s a stupid number of blogs but I do it because I need to continue to test out different niches.
Do you think I have a passion for all of these different niches? Hell no!
However, I do have a passion for what these mini-businesses allow me to do and that is enjoy the life that I do.
You can start a blog behind your passion and make money with it but I found it easier to make money in niches that others are passionate about and just become passionate about the lifestyle that blogging allows me to live.”
The truth is, the best way to find a blog niche is to look for a problem and address it. There’s always a reward for solving people’s problems. Also, I believe you can make money in almost any niche you decide to start.
Let’s move on, like I mentioned earlier that traffic is critical in choosing a niche. Let me elaborate more on this. There are some niches that generate very low traffic from search engines, niches like motivation, etc.
High In Demand Profitable Blog Niche List
There are many blog niches, you can start with but these niches below generates high organic traffic they are:
- How to make money
- Nutrition and diet
- Relationship advice
- Motivation and inspiration
All these niches have subcategories.
These niches generate traffic but they are highly competitive, that it will really take a long time to rank high in this niche. Patience is the key, you got to be patient. Make sure you do good SEO and wait…your time will come.
Other Unique Blog Topics For Beginners 2021
- House and garden
- Real Estate
- Construction, design, repair
- Personal experience
- Funny stories
Single Niche Vs Multi-Niche: What is the better one
Just as I have explained in my article How to start a blog, Combining more than one niche in a blog is called multi-niche blogging, and concentrating on one niche is called single-niche blogging
What is Micro Niche
This is simply a sub-niche of a niche. It can be a segment of a niche.
- Fashion- Handbags, Belt Buckles, Belts, Collar Tips; Fascinators & Headpieces, etc.
- Shoes- Men’s shoes, women’s shoes, baby shoes, etc
- Wrist Watches- Antique Pocket Watches, Modern Pocket Watches, Pocket Watch Tools & Parts, Pocket Watches
Note: Fashion is a niche while handbags, belts, etc are micro-niche.
Do you now understand what a micro-niche is? Perfect!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Single Niche and Multi-Niche Blog
- SEOis easier for a single-topic blog than a multi-niche blog. When you cover one topic, you can rank faster and more easily.
- Management Difficulty– It’s easier and less time-consuming to manage a single niche blog than a multi-niche blog.
- It’s easier to organizea single-topic blog because there are fewer categories and subcategories to work with. This makes your site easier and more intuitive to navigate and use.
- Building and maintaining an audience is much easier when you blog about a single topic than multiple topics. It’s far easier to grow an audience with a single-topic blog than a multi-niche blog.
- It is much easier to market a single-topic blog than a multi-niche blog because all of your followers are more targeted.
- Contentis easier to produce for a multi-niche blog. You don’t have to worry about running out of article ideas either.
- Single topic blogs are typically easier to monetize and more profitable than multi-niche blogs.
- A major benefit of multi-niche blogging is that you’re far less likely to burn out and give up when you run a multi-niche blog because you can write about a wide range of topics and pivot as your interests change.
- Costsare similar for a single topic and multi-niche blogs. If you are running the multi-niche blog alone.
- Adaptability and Longevity– Multi niche blogs are more adaptable. You can pivot as times change.
- Traffic and Growing Your Blog– Single topic blogs tend to grow faster than multi-niche blogs. It is easier and faster to rank and grow a single topic blog than a multi-niche blog
- Networking– It can be easier to network with a single niche blog because your content directly relates to other businesses and blogs in that niche.
- Selling Your Blog– Single topic blogs are easier and faster to sell. They are also more valuable than multi-topic blogs, assuming the metrics are the same.
As a beginner in blogging, it is best to go with a single niche until you are well equipped in blogging.
I hope you enjoyed this article.
Don’t forget to use the share button. Also, you can use the comment box to contribute to this article or you can ask a question.
Thanks for reading.