In order to add another domain in cPanel, which is known as an addon domain, it depends on the hosting plan you purchase. In this article, you will learn how to add a domain on cPanel no matter the web hosting site you use (GoDaddy, Namecheap, Hostgator, Bluehost, etc). To start the process, login to your cPanel home page,
How to Add Another Domain in cPanel
There are two case studies to this;
- Bought domain and Hosting plan from the same site
- Bought domain and Hosting plan from a different site.
Bought domain and Hosting plan from the same site
For example, I bought a domain and a hosting plan from Namecheap. Follow these steps to add domains on cPanel:
- Login to your Namecheap account
- Locate the domain you want to add and click on manage.
- Scroll down to nameservers and select Namecheap web hosting DNS.
- Login to cPanel
- Scroll down to domains and click on Addon Domains
- On the next page, add the name of the domain and click on ‘add domain
- If it’s successful you get a message ”The addon domain has been created.
Bought domain and Hosting plan from a different site.
For example, I bought a domain from Namecheap and a hosting plan from Contabo. What to do is very easy. I’ll login to my Namecheap account and click on manage on the domain I wish to add. Scroll to nameservers and select custom DNS. Finally, add Contabo DNS and save.
Adding multiple domains on cPanel is quite the same irrespective of where you bought your domain and web hosting. It’s all about adding the right DNS.If you enjoyed this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress blogging video tutorials and how to make money online. If you have any questions, please leave us a comment. Also, If you think I missed a step or have any suggestions for us; please let us know. We'd love to hear from you!