- Using Softaculous on cPanel
- Manually on cPanel without softaculous
- Manually without cPanel, this is for advanced users.
How to Install WordPress Automatically on cPanel with Softaculous
This is the easiest and fastest way to install WordPress on cPanel.
Most shared hosting companies offer an automated Softaculous script installer along with cPanel. Think of Softaculous as the Google Play Store or App Store. The Softaculous store offers several applications (also called programs or scripts) that can be installed with just a few mouse clicks.
WordPress is an example of one such CMS software that can be installed in just a few clicks using Softaculous. Before you can install WordPress on cPanel, you must have bought a domain and a web hosting plan. Now let’s show you how to start the installation:
Recommended>>> 7 Best Cheap Web Hosting Sites For Beginners
1. Login to your cPanel account and scroll down to the software section and click on ”WordPress Manager by Softaculous”.
2. Click install
3. Now at this stage, we are setting up the details of the WordPress installation. You have to choose the domain you want to install WordPress
- In most cases, you are going to leave the folder with an empty field. This way, WordPress will be available in your base directory.
- The protocol must be HTTPS.
- If your site has subdomains, you can select it from select the domain option.
After entering this information, we scroll down to the next step.
4. In this section, we enter our WordPress site name, description, admin name, password, and email address. Remember not to use admin as your username, as an additional security measure. Scroll to the next section.
5. You can change the default language to any language of your choice. You can select plugins you want, however, you can ignore them. You can do that after the installation.
6. Choose any theme, you can also change it later.
7. Finally, click on install but before you do that, add your email address in the box so that the email installation details will be sent to your mail.
Softaculous then verifies the information provided and starts the installation process. This usually takes less than a minute.
8. Once Softaculous has successfully installed WordPress, you will see the screen shown below. ”Congratulations, the software was installed succussfully”.
Video Tutorial On How To Install WordPress on cPanel using Softaculous
Why use Softaculous (or other automated script installers)?
The biggest advantage of using Softaculous to install WordPress is its basic convenience. Unlike the manual installation process, we only need to enter the relevant site information, and Softaculous takes care of the rest. This is very useful for creating quick websites to try out a new theme or plugin.
However, the only thing it lacks is the ability to disable search engine visibility during the setup process. So once WordPress is installed, you must log in and disable search engine visibility. This ensures that your domain’s existing SEO metrics are not hindered.
Congratulations, you now know how to install WordPress on cPanel using softaculous.