Do you wish to start a blog on Google’s platform and also make money with it? Read this article to the end.
It is very easy to start a blog for free on Google and earn money (not quite easy). I will take you on a tour of the steps required to get you started immediately even if you are a beginner.
When I say “start a blog on Google”, I actually mean on Blogger (Blogspot) platform. Blogger is owned by the tech giant “Google” which offers free domain (subdomain) to anyone using their platform.
Free Blogging Platforms Like Blogger
There are many other platforms just like Blogger that offer a free domain to anyone using their platform. They are:
- WordPress.com- WordPress.com is quite different from WordPress.org. See their differences here.
- Hub pages
These platforms are also known as web 2.0 sites.
Why Use Blogspot
As you have seen above, there are other free Blogging Platforms you can use. However, we prefer Blogspot because of the freedom to use any form of monetization like using Google AdSense, pop-ups ads, native adverts, etc.
Other blogging platforms place a restriction on using any of the aforementioned monetization options. So Blogspot is the real deal for free Blogging and earning.
Before we dive in further, let’s differentiate between Blogger and Blogspot.
Difference between Blogger and Blogspot
Blogger and Blogspot are very very similar. In fact, if you type blogspot.com, you will be redirected to blogger.com.
Their differences are in:
1. Domain name: This is the main difference between these two. For example, the Blogspot domain is in this form yoursite.blogspot.com (that is, it must end with blogspot.com) while the blogger domain name can be with any domain extension you like. Any domain name hosted on the blogger platform is a blogger site. You get the point now.
2. SEO: Blogspot performs very well in SERP (Search Engine Result Page) without off-page SEO than blogger.
How to Start a Free Blog on Blogspot Platform
Before you start, firstly, you have to choose a niche. A niche is a central topic a blog will concentrate on. Are you confused about choosing a niche for your blog? Then read this article on niches to make the right choice.
Secondly, what type of domain name do you want. I strongly recommend PMD or brand domain name. Read this article on how to generate a domain name and the types.
Let assume, you’ve read those articles on niche and domain names. So let’s get started.
- Visit blogger.com
- Click on ‘Create your blog’
- Login with your Gmail account
- Insert the name of the blog you want to start
- Put the domain name and check if it’s available.
- Select any theme
- Lastly, click on ‘create blog’.
Now you have successfully created your blog. It’s time to show you how to use the platform.
Blogspot Tutorial- Create a Blog
Watch this video to get a comprehensive tutorial on how to use Blogspot/blogger platform.
There are 9 sections on the platform.
New Post– This is for making a new post on your blog
Stats- You will see the number of times users from a particular country view your post.
Comments– This is where you will see the comments of users on all your articles/posts.
Earnings– It is where you will have access to apply for a Google AdSense account or connect if you already have one.
Pages- Click on this, create new pages or edit previous ones. You should create an “about us and contact us” page once you create your blog. It is very important.
Layout– This is where you can set how you want your blog to look. i.e the structure.
Theme: This includes the design of your blog.
Settings: Go here to make some important changes like name of blog, site description, connecting of a custom domain, etc.
How to Write a Post That Ranks
1. Choose a topic to write, for example, how to impress your crush
2. Use any keyword research tool like Wordtracker, Uber suggest or h-supertools. Place the main keyword in the topic into the search box of the keyword tool and click search. I will place “impress your crush”. You can choose a country you wish to target but for this tutorial, I chose Global (all countries).
3. From the result, write out other low competitive keywords with good search volume. You should include them in the article you going to write. The reason you should always go with low competitive keywords is, your site is still new. It will be easier to rank for low competitive keywords than high ones.
4. Start writing
Qualities of a Good Post
- Include other low-competitive keywords in it.
- Add images and videos where necessary.
- Include a list for easy reading
- Add internal links. It can link to a previously written article or to your homepage.
- Add external links where necessary.
How To Make Money On Google For Beginners
There are so many ways to make money on Google platforms, they are:
- Google AdSense: This is the commonest way to make money from blogging. You get paid on a per-click basis, that is whenever a user clicks on the Google ads on your site, you earn. Earning can be as low as $0.01 and high as $50. There are factors that determine the CPC (cost per click), mainly b blog niche and user’s country. Before you can earn, you need to apply for Google AdSense account.
- Affiliate marketing: This is about referring users to buy or sign up for a particular product using a link, once they do so, we will earn a commission depending on the agreed commission of the owner of the product. Always promote products based on your niche. For example, the health niche should promote health products and so on. You can sign up for the affiliate program at CJ (Commission Junction) Share a sale, impact, etc
- Pop-up ads: As the name indicates, it is an ad that pops up whenever a user accesses your site. Pop-up ads are very annoying to users. Most sites that use this type of ad are mostly entertainment and download niche blogs. An example is toxicwap.us. Unlike AdSense, you earn by CPM ( cost per impression); and it is very easy to apply and get approved. The best pop-up ads to use are Propellerads, Adstera, etc.
- CPA: CPA is simply Cost action per action. You get paid a user take action (sign up, take a survey) to a particular ad you place on your blog.
- Sponsored post: This can come from a firm, other bloggers, etc. It’s simply paying for an article they want to place on your blog.
- Selling your own services through the site: To do this, what you want to sell should be related to your niche.
How to Promote your blog
Writers who can’t generate traffic are just writers. Writers who can generate traffic are marketers. Neil Patel
1. SEO: This is one of the freeways to get traffic (visitors) to your blog. It requires knowledge of both on-page and off-page SEO to achieve. As a beginner, concentrate more on your on-page SEO (contents) for the first two months of starting the blog.
Note: SEO requires patience
2. Social media: This is the easiest way to Promote (drive traffic) your brand new site from day one. This can be done in a free and paid method.
Top social media for new sites
- Facebook: Join a good group related to your niche and post on this group. Also, create a Facebook page for your blog and run ads.
- Pinterest: create an account for your brand or site and pin some posts.
- Tik Tok
You can read The 15 Most Popular Social Media Sites to promote your blog.
Note: You do not need all the aforementioned social media to promote your site, that will be very stressful. Target 2-3 of the platforms and work on them.
3. Quora: This is a question and answer site. A user asks a question, other users provide answers to the question. The most valuable answer will be determined by upvoting. You can get traffic on Quora simply by answering questions from other users. Make sure you provide valuable answers and add a link to your site at the end of the answer.
4. Other blogs: Connect with other bloggers related to your niche so you could promote your blog on their site.
5. Run ads: Run targeted social media ads (Facebook, Instagram, etc) and Google ads.
Two important ways to Succeed in Blogging
1. Be patient: Good things take time to achieve. There are things you can’t speed up no matter how hard you work. It just has to be patient and trust the process.
2. Acquire more Knowledge: Being patient is good but without knowledge is wasteful. Keep learning while you wait. Not just learn, apply, fail and try again. Make a research about a subject that seems confusing to you. Don’t learn from one source, be diverse in learning. Buy premium courses
Do Google bloggers get paid?
Yes, Google pays only bloggers that apply and gets approval on their blog for Google Adsense
How can I earn money from Google blog?
- Get Google Adsense approval
- Affiliate Marketing
- Pop up ads
- Sponsored post
Which free blog site is best for earning money?
If you enjoyed this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress blogging video tutorials and how to make money online.If you enjoyed this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress blogging video tutorials and how to make money online. If you have any questions, please leave us a comment. Also, If you think I missed a step or have any suggestions for us; please let us know. We'd love to hear from you!
Leave a Comment