Getting your site (WordPress, Blogger) seen (indexed) on search engines is one of the fundamentals and the most important in SEO. Submitting your URL is as easy as ABC. In this article, I will show you how you can submit your website to 1000 search engines, 1000 search engines? That’s an exaggeration. There are over 275 search engines on the web.
After creating your blog, it is necessary you submit it to search engines, without that is impossible to get organic traffic (traffic from search engines). I will show you how the easiest and fastest way to get your blog on search engines.
Note: Before adding your site to search engines, make sure that there is at least one content. Submitting a blank site for indexing can lead to no indexing of the URL, so don’t rush!
How To Submit your URL To 275 Search Engines for Free
Although, this can be done in 2 minutes, it may be considered as spam by Google. This is done by inserting your website URL on a site and will submit automatically to several search engines.
Examples of such sites include:
- Addme.com and so on
Note: For popular search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Yandex, the submission is manually done.
How To Submit Your URL To Google
Google is the most popular search engine in the world and it accounts for 92.47% of the market share according to Statista. So follow these steps for submission;
Method 1 (Domain)
- Visit Google Webmaster from your device browser
- Login with your Gmail account
- Type your root domain (without name HTTPS, HTTP, www and so on) into the box.
- Click continue, a page will pop up asking to Verify domain ownership via DNS record.
- Copy the Txt record and paste it to your domain DNS.
- After 24 hours or less, click verify.
Your domain DNS can be found at the site you bought your domain.
Method 2 (URL prefix)
- Visit Google Webmaster from your browser
- Login with your Gmail account
- Type your site’s URL in the second box at the right
- Click continue, a page with 5 verification methods will show up
- Choose the HTML tag method, copy the HTML code.
- Go to your WordPress site, install and activate headers and footers plugin
- Paste the code in the first box and click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, click verify on your Google Search Console account. Verification is immediate.
I prefer using Verification via HTML tag because it is the easiest and fastest way to submit your URL to Google.
Note: Don’t get confused about the method to use, what matters is, your site is submitted to Google.
How To Submit Your URL To Bing
- Visit Bing Webmaster on device browser.
- Click Sign in, sign in with your Google account (Gmail)
- On the next page, click import, to automatically submit your blog from Google Search Console or you can add it manually.
Very easy, isn’t it?
You can this below to submit Your Site to Bing
How To Submit Your Site To Yahoo
You don’t need to submit to Yahoo. Yes, you read that right. Let me explain better. When you submit to Bing, you have automatically submitted to Yahoo.
Recommended>>> Free WordPress Blog Setup Service
How To Submit Your Site To DuckDuckGo
This is done automatically, you don’t have to submit your site to DuckDuckGo. They find and index sites from more than 300 sources, including their “bot DuckDuckBot” (their web crawler), Wikipedia, Bing, and so on.
How To Submit Your Site To Yandex
- Go to Yandex Webmaster Tools
- Sign in
- Click the plus sign button to add your website.
- Then, type your website’s URL in the box.
- Click the ‘Add’ button.
- Copy the verification code by choosing the meta tag.
- Log in to your WordPress website.
- Paste the code in the first box of Headers and Footers plugin and click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, Go back to Yandex Webmaster Tools and click ‘Check’.